posted April 2, 2020; updated: April 8, 10, 16; May 16, 28, 2020
Childcare & Schools: helpful information from the BC Centre for Disease Control - posted May 28, 2020
BC'S Restart Plan - posted May 16, 2020
Take the COVID-19 Survey Questionnaire - posted May 16, 2020
Safe & Healthy Schools - Restarting BC's Schools - posted May 16, 2020
Social Distancing, Self-Isolation, Quarantine
Local 258 IBEW
Local 258 IBEW News Updates:
- Notice from IBEW Local 258 Health & Welfare Trust Benefit Administrators – March 24, 2020
- Income supports for workers during the Coronavirus pandemic – updated March 25, 2020
- Union staff representing members now working remotely – contact info here – March 23, 2020
- Notice for Local 258 IBEW members who work at Outside Line companies – updated March 27, 2020
- Update on the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation from Brother Doug McKay, Local 258 IBEW Business Manager – March 19, 2020
- LOCAL 258 IBEW COVID-19 UPDATE TO MEMBERS, INCLUDING OFFICE CLOSING TO VISITORS – March 17, 2020
- Effective immediately – Local 258 IBEW meetings cancelled – March 13, 2020
- Statement to Local 258 IBEW members regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) – March 7, 2020
BC Federation of Labour
Canadian Labour Congress
World Health Organization
Mental Health Resources
Federal Government of Canada Resources
- UPDATE POSTED MAY 16, 2020: Employment Insurance (EI) and Employment Insurance (EI) Sickness Benefits are currently replaced with the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), providing a taxable benefit of $2000/month for up to 4 months – PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO APPLY MONTHLY TO CONTINUE RECEIVING THIS BENEFIT. read details here.
- **SOME LOCAL 258 IBEW MEMBERS MAY QUALIFY FOR SELF-PAY CONTINUATION OF HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS – READ MORE HERE.**
- GST Credit: Available in May, 2020, paid according to your income tax return: one-time boost of up to $600 per eligible couple; $400 for eligible individuals. More information available here.
- Canada Child Benefit (CCB): One-time boost of $300 in May, 2020. Requires registration if you are not already receiving CCB, apply online.
- Canada Student Loans – six-month interest-free moratorium, starting March 30, 2020. Read more here.
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) – minimum withdrawals from RRIFs has been reduced by 25% for 2020. Find out more here.
- Income tax filing deadline has been deferred to June 1, 2020 with payments owed deferred until after August 31, 2020. Read more here.
BC Provincial Government Resources & Information
Workers Compensation Board (Worksafe BC) Resources & Information
For parents with school age children
- Freeze on rental rates - no rent increases are allowed in BC effective April 1, 2020; immediate halt on all evictions; landlords may now restrict use of common areas by tenants or guests; landlords may not enter tenants’ homes without their expressed consent, unless there is a clear threat to people or property. Contact Residential Tenancy Board with questions.
- Rent supplement providing up to $500/month towards rent, paid directly to landlords
Domestic Violence Resources
Additional Supports + Information