posted April 2, 2020; updated: April 8, 10, 16; May 16, 28, July 31; August 21; October 10; October 26; October 28; November 11, 2020; February 9; March 18; May 21, 2021
DO NOT GO TO WORK IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK OR UNWELL
POSTED MAY 21, 2021
POSTED MARCH 18, 2021:
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 28 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: VISITORS TO THE LOCAL 258 IBEW UNION HALL IN LANGLEY MUST PHONE AHEAD AND SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT - FIND OUT MORE HERE.
POSTED NOVEMBER 11, 2020 - New regional orders have been issued for people living in communities in the Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health areas in an effort to slow the rapid number of cases of COVID-19. Effective until November 23, 2020, the orders focus on strictly limiting social gatherings, travel, indoor group physical activities and workplace safety. READ MORE HERE.
View examples of how COVID-19 has spread in the Fraser Health Authority:
October 26, 2020 - With COVID-19 cases on the rise, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has issued new public health orders today. Gatherings in private homes are limited to no more than your immediate household, plus six others. This is a provincewide order that applies to all homes for all occasions.
Enforcement will be stepped up to ensure people are following this new order, with the immediate focus on the Fraser Health region, where the increase in new cases is most notable.
In addition to this new order and in light of the increased risks with respiratory season, the expectation is that people will wear masks in all indoor public spaces. As part of this, businesses are asked to review their COVID-19 safety plans with this in mind. If you are in a high-traffic area or among many people outside of your household while at work, a mask will help to protect you and those around you.
British Columbia remains in a provincial state of emergency. During this time, the Provincial Health Officer can make orders as needed and you must follow the orders.
BC Centre for Disease Control Health Information
Provincial Health Officer Orders, Notices and Guidance - updated November 11, 2020
BRITISH COLUMBIA COVID-19 COLLECTION CENTRES - find locations in British Columbia where you can get tested for COVID-19 if you are experiencing symptoms.
Province issues new rules to enforce COVID-19 public safety - August 21, 2020
BC'S Restart Plan - current July 21, 2020
For parents with school-age children
Social Distancing, Self-Isolation, Quarantine
Local 258 IBEW News Updates:
- Visiting the Union Hall? Appointments now required - October 28, 2020
- Union Hall in Langley re-opens to members & visitors with COVID-19 protocols in place - October 10, 2020
- Notice from IBEW Local 258 Health & Welfare Trust Benefit Administrators – March 24, 2020
- Union staff representing members now working remotely – contact info here – March 23, 2020
- Notice for Local 258 IBEW members who work at Outside Line companies – updated March 27, 2020
- Update on the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation from Brother Doug McKay, Local 258 IBEW Business Manager – March 19, 2020
- LOCAL 258 IBEW COVID-19 UPDATE TO MEMBERS, INCLUDING OFFICE CLOSING TO VISITORS – March 17, 2020
- Effective immediately – Local 258 IBEW meetings cancelled – March 13, 2020
- Statement to Local 258 IBEW members regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) – March 7, 2020
BC Federation of Labour
Canadian Labour Congress
World Health Organization
Mental Health Resources
Federal Government of Canada Resources
BC Provincial Government Resources & Information
Workers Compensation Board (Worksafe BC) Resources & Information
Domestic Violence Resources
Additional Supports + Information