posted April 2, 2020; updated: April 8, 10, 16; May 16, 28; July 31, 2020
Dr. Bonnie Henry's Good Times Guide - "Spread Fun - not COVID-19" - posted July 31, 2020
Childcare & Schools: helpful information from the BC Centre for Disease Control - current July 30, 2020
BC'S Restart Plan - current July 21, 2020
Safe & Healthy Schools - Restarting BC's Schools - updated July 29, 2020
Social Distancing, Self-Isolation, Quarantine
Local 258 IBEW
Local 258 IBEW News Updates:
- Notice from IBEW Local 258 Health & Welfare Trust Benefit Administrators – March 24, 2020
- Income supports for workers during the Coronavirus pandemic – updated March 25, 2020
- Union staff representing members now working remotely – contact info here – March 23, 2020
- Notice for Local 258 IBEW members who work at Outside Line companies – updated March 27, 2020
- Update on the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation from Brother Doug McKay, Local 258 IBEW Business Manager – March 19, 2020
- LOCAL 258 IBEW COVID-19 UPDATE TO MEMBERS, INCLUDING OFFICE CLOSING TO VISITORS – March 17, 2020
- Effective immediately – Local 258 IBEW meetings cancelled – March 13, 2020
- Statement to Local 258 IBEW members regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) – March 7, 2020
BC Federation of Labour
Canadian Labour Congress
World Health Organization
Mental Health Resources
Federal Government of Canada Resources
- UPDATE POSTED MAY 16, 2020: Employment Insurance (EI) and Employment Insurance (EI) Sickness Benefits are currently replaced with the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), providing a taxable benefit of $2000/month for up to 4 months – PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO APPLY MONTHLY TO CONTINUE RECEIVING THIS BENEFIT. read details here.
- **SOME LOCAL 258 IBEW MEMBERS MAY QUALIFY FOR SELF-PAY CONTINUATION OF HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS – READ MORE HERE.**
- Canada Student Loans – six-month interest-free moratorium, starting March 30, 2020. Read more here.
- Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) – minimum withdrawals from RRIFs has been reduced by 25% for 2020. Find out more here.
- Income tax filing deadline has been deferred to June 1, 2020 with payments owed deferred until after August 31, 2020. Read more here.
BC Provincial Government Resources & Information
Workers Compensation Board (Worksafe BC) Resources & Information
For parents with school age children
Domestic Violence Resources
Additional Supports + Information