These events are now complete. Thank you for your participation.
October 6, 2020 - With the cancellation of the International Women's Conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Local 258 IBEW is pleased to share that the IBEW is offering a series of educational and engaging virtual events via Zoom in its place.
The virtual "Women's Suffrage Kickoff" event is scheduled to take place Friday, October 9, 2020 at 1pm EDT (10:00 am Pacific Time).
The virtual series includes a variety of workshops as well as North America’s Building Trades Unions Trades Women Build Nations (TWBN) virtual conference. The schedule includes:
• Saturday, October 10, 11am-1pm EDT (8:00 am to 10:00 am Pacific Time) – Leadership Workshops (2 options)
• Saturday, October 17, 11am-3pm EDT (8:00 am to noon Pacific Time) – Trades Women Build Nations Virtual Conference
• Sunday, October 18, 7pm EDT (4:00 pm Pacific Time) – Tradeswomen Voices – Reader’s Theatre, Poetry Reading and Open Mic
• Friday, October 23, 1pm-3pm EDT (10:00 am to noon Pacific Time) – Women’s Committees Workshops (2 options)
• Saturday, October 24, 11am-1pm EDT (8:00 am to 10:00 am Pacific Time) – Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Workshops (2 options)
It is important to note that all of these sessions are FREE to attend. To attend any of the sessions, simply register for the kickoff at the link below. Once you have registered, you will receive the links to attend the workshops, as well as the registration links for TWBN and Tradeswomen Voices.
Local 258 IBEW President Dave McMinn has advised that these virtual events do not qualify for wage reimbursement if you choose to participate.
Register at: https://ibew.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eqPAEroXTNOCo9kKcNx41w