Statement to Local 258 IBEW members regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) - March, 2020
Posted On: Jun 17, 2020
March 7, 2020 - With concerns rising about the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), Local 258 IBEW would like to remind members to practice frequent handwashing and to follow recommended health and safety practices as recommended by Canada’s and BC’S health authorities in an effort to stem the spread of this potentially deadly respiratory illness.
To help prevent workplace exposure:
• Wash your hands often, and always after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
• Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or, if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Workers with symptoms of acute respiratory illness are encouraged to use sick leave* and stay home.
Please visit the following reliable and trusted websites for current and updated information: